Sunday, February 12, 2006

Letters to the RJ Editor -Thomas Mitchell:

The Political Cartoon the RJ ran Thursday March 4, 2004 was WRONG then, but you NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR RUNNING IT.

What about the RJ's " hypocrisy"?

While I read your, pat us on the back article about the WONDERFUL thing you did when the RJ ran the Danish cartoons I kept thinking back to Luchovich's cartoon - YOU CHOSE - to run almost 2 years ago. Remember it?

2 panels - Left Panel - Rod Paige - then Education Sec. saying - "OK. I'll apologize for comparing the NEA Teachers Union to Terrorist…

Right Panel - Rod Paige saying - " I'm sorry - Al-Qaida".

"I'm sorry Al-Quida"

and some question me when I say the RJ is Anti-Teacher.

THAT IS A HORRIBLE CARTOON, AND THE RJ SHOULD NEVER HAVE PUBLISHED IT. But, then the RJ did something EVEN WORSE. THEY REMOVED IT FROM THEIR ONLINE ARCHIVES. To make money they have taken FREE Access off their web site, but If you could look at the archives for 3-4-04 you would see THEY TOOK IT OFF, AND REPEATED THE CARTOON FOR 3-3-04.

What about the RJ's " hypocrisy"?

But, wait there is even more.On the Mitch Fox Show on Channel 10 on Friday nites - Nevada Week in Review, soon after the 911 attack. Steve Stebelius said - I consider the Ashcroft proposals - WORST THAN THE 911 ATTACK. The next day, I called Mitchell, and asked him about it - his response was - he has a right to his opinion. Of course he does, but - "WORST THAN THE 911 ATTACK" ? The RJ NEVER mentioned what Stebelius said.

What about the RJ's " hypocrisy"?

Since News Organizations have started charging for access - Wonder why it is STILL CALLED - "THE FREE PRESS"?